At the Capitol / Public Relations
Legislative Representation – NDHA employs full-time staff to ensure that your voice, and the voice of our industry, is heard by decision-makers at the local, state, and federal levels of government. The NDHA is constantly working on your behalf to ensure the passage of legislation and regulations that will help your business, and defeat legislation that will be detrimental to you.
Legislative Updates – During the Legislative Session, the NDHA has a weekly update of all bills that may affect our industry. Members are encouraged to contact the NDHA and provide input to determine the association’s position on legislative issues.
Newsletter – The NDHA produces a quarterly newsletter filled with industry news, suggestions for improving your business, changes in government and regulatory issues, and information on discount programs for members.
Media Relations – Our staff is continually engaged in media relations programs to keep our industry, and your business, in the public eye.
- NDHA advocates on behalf of the hospitality industry on a wide range of wage and hour issues before the legislature including minimum wage, changes to the tip credit statute, and other issues.
- NDHA advocates on behalf of the hospitality industry to ensure that the fees and license requirements imposed by state and local governments are reasonable and do not impose an undue burden on bars, restaurants, or hotels.
- NDHA has worked closely with State Health Department on Food Safety code and can be a resource to members looking to remain prepared for health inspections and other regulatory requirements.
- NDHA is able to offer advice and guidance to members facing issues at the local level related to food and beverage or lodging ordinances.
- NDHA has been very active at the state capitol on charitable gaming issues and has consistently delivered for hospitality venues to ensure that they receive a fair rental rate from charities utilizing their venue. As an example, during the upcoming 2019 session, a major issue will be a rental rate increase for hospitality venues hosting electronic pull tab machines.
- NDHA also works to protect and promote a positive business environment for the hospitality industry in North Dakota, including tax issues, regulatory changes, wage and hour policies, and licensing requirements.
The NDHA has been successful on behalf of our members over the last year. More and more businesses are utilizing the education and training benefits we provide, and we continued to make sure your voice was heard at the State Capitol during the 2019 Legislative Session. Significant accomplishments from this legislative session include:
- Championed legislation establishing a rental rate for electronic pull tabs (House Bill 1394 – $100 per machine for the first five and $50 per machine after that).
- Successfully advocated against policy that would have removed the teeth from the trespassing law that helps keep our employees and customers safe.
- Successfully advocated in favor of policy standardizing the minimum wage across North Dakota, including wages for tipped employees.
- During the 2017 session, NDHA led efforts to pass legislation legalizing electronic pull tabs.
- Advanced legislation empowering hospitality establishments to help curb the use of fake or illegal IDs.
- Passed legislation allowing alcohol service to begin at 11am on Sunday for hospitality establishments.
- Successfully lobbied the legislature to provide incentives for hospitality venues that provide responsible beverage server training to their employees.
- Passed legislation raising the reimbursement rate for retailers collecting sales tax.
Additional Benefits of the North Dakota Hospitality Association Include:
Membership Decals – Proudly display your commitment to professionalism through membership in the ND Hospitality Association.
- Discounted credit card and payroll processing is available to NDHA members through our partner at Heartland Payment Systems.
- Discounts available on training products through the National Restaurant Association, including ServSafe and ServSafe Alcohol.
- Restaurant members of the NDHA receive dual-membership in the National Restaurant Association, including their slate of national member benefits.
NDHA endorses Heartland Payment Systems as a provider of credit card processing for our members. Click here to contact Heartland to find out more about their services.